Sunday, September 22, 2013

1st week=success!

     So I just finished my first week as a sophomore up here at school! I've been contemplating how to keep everyone back at home up to date with what I've been doing (as college is so much fun and I just want to share it all with people!) I thought about doing super long status updates on Facebook, but decided against that- I don't know about anyone else but I often just scroll through Facebook without paying to much attention to anything that's super long. So then I thought about e-mails, but I don't have a lot of people's e-mails (thank you to social media.) So I decided on a blog, and hopefully I don't fail to miserably at it!
     Anyways, my first week back up here! I love being able to attend a university so much I don't think I can describe it! I moved again this semester to a different apartment complex, and I'm really happy about where I ended up this time. I have 5 wonderful roommates, and I'm not to far from campus. 
     I have 15 credits: Microbiology, Bakery, Religion, Women's Health, and Advanced Critical Thinking and Writing. I love them all, but Microbiology and Bakery are already proving to be the classes that will be the most difficult. My bakery class is more memorization of the chemistry/science of baking then actual baking- but we still get to make stuff! This week we got to make unleavened bread- it wasn't to bad but it wasn't all that great either. 
     On a completely different note, my window looks out over a round-a-bout and all week I'd been amazed that no one had gotten in a wreck cause people keep cutting other cars off to get to the exit they need but are in the wrong lane for. On Friday, Sadie and I were sitting in our room doing homework when we heard this loud squeal and followed by a sound I don't even know how to describe. From what we could tell it looked like the person entering the round-a-bout failed to yield the person driving the circle, but no one was injured which is good. 
     Basically this week was just intros to classes, so nothing to overwhelming yet, so I've had a lot of time to get to know my roommates better and spend time with friends from past semesters. :)

3 comments:

  1. needs pictures.... just sayin'
    I think the blog is a great idea. I know you love journaling and writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the blog I started for school this year: http://mrsgclass.weebly.com/adventures-in-room-3.html

    Now that I can get pictures off my phone again, I can do another update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! Yours is so inviting and informative! and I love that at the top you added Señor Rock as well :) I'll see about pictures, I don't have many yet though.

      Delete