Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Umm yeah, I hate naming these things

So I guess I could just start off saying that the last 2 weeks or so have, well, sucked. Emotionally I struggled a lot- but eventually everything will work itself out- it always does. You know how I said I haven't been feeling 100% whenever I last wrote a post? Well, I went to the doctor who wanted blood tests which came back with levels of T4 and TSH suggesting hypothyroidism. Okay, not suggesting- it actually is an issue. I swear my body is forgetting how to function one part at a time, no wonder I love immunosuppressants (basically inactivate the immune system) so much!
Writing is funny, I never go in the direction I'm planning...
I got to go to a Piano Guys concert! It was amazing, I don't remember exactly when it was, but I went with one of my old roommates and it was really fun to hang out with her again. The guy that plays the cello has some really amazing cellos that all have different techniques. You know how you can record things and play things back on keyboards? He had one that did that but would play multiple lines that he would record as he was playing a new line and made it sound like he was a whole orchestra!
Oh, it was midterms the week before last... That was great! <--- read with LOTS of sarcasm. (Does it bother anyone else that read can be pronounced 'red' or 'reed'?) Well anyways, I spent ALL week studying for my Anat&Phys test- partially because we had 3(!!!!) back to back- not fair! I'm so mad about this... I spent all of my time studying for those tests, fell behind in all of my other classes, and failed them. I am so ticked. And then of course, I failed my other tests because I was so stressed about Anat&Phys- at least my grade is still passing in those classes- Anatomy is barely holding on and Physiology, well it's drowning and I'm not sure it's going to find a life raft in time.
Basically after feeling like a complete failure I was really depressed and so there isn't much to say about last week unless you really want to hear about how long I am capable of sleeping- it amazes even me.
The Ironman Triathalon starts this month- I'm going to do it again! I'm not sure I'll finish in the first 100 this time, but I want to finish it just the same. It gives me some motivation to go exercise.
I think I'm going to hang out with Allie's family for Thanksgiving- I'd love to go home, but spending the week with my best friend is a close second. Going home is a long time in a car and a lot in gas money so I'm waiting for Christmas to go home- time and distance makes the heart fonder, right? While going to Salt Lake is WAY less time in a car and far cheaper. At least I won't be alone again this semester for Thanksgiving. It was looking like it was going to be a repeat of my first semester where all of my roommates were gone for a week and I was alone and knew no one else that was staying on campus.
I changed my major to Child Development. I was going to switch to English, but Child Development kind of popped into my mind out of nowhere and felt right so I'm going with it. I register for winter semester classes sometime next week- I'm really excited about the classes I have to take.
I suppose I should actually be paying attention to this lecture- I'm just really bored with this World Foundations class, I feel like it's just a bunch of busy work. Laurel and I often get frustrated with the homework assignments. I swear people only show up the days we have tests in class- otherwise this lecture hall is generally basically empty. I often have a debate in my head about coming to class or sleeping- but it's my only class today so I feel bad skipping it.
Ugh I'm so bored but I really should be paying attention so I guess I will- there's only 12 mins left anyways. Have a good day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment