Sunday, October 20, 2013

2 weeks in one- life is getting busier!

     I'm falling behind! Well on keeping this up to date that is, I'm only falling behind here because I'm trying to keep up in classes as well as having lots of fun out here in Rexburg before the snow hits :)
     I suppose I should start with last week. Other than a lot of homework, I spent a lot of time with Laurel and Lydia (although we're generally having "homework parties" but they're more fun than doing homework by yourself!) Last Wednesday I was talking to Laurel and I think she could tell I was overwhelmed- granted I had just taken a microbiology test and not done quite as well as I had hoped, so she suggested that we study together. Studying with someone actually is super effective because you feel more guilty when you get off task! Who would've guessed? Anyways, we spent all Thursday working on homework together between classes. She had a date later in the evening and so I think she assumed that I would head back to my place after she left- but I ended up hanging out with her roommates instead, which was so much fun! When she came back she didn't realize at first that I was still there and started telling her roommates about her date. About mid-sentence she stopped and noticed me, jumping backwards she asked why I was still there, it was really funny! I ended up spending the night there and walking to class with them in the morning since Lydia and I have class in the same building.
     I actually spent most of Friday with them as well after we were done with classes. I went to their FHE brother's Ultimate Frisbee game with them and then we went to their roommate Charlotte's, choral concert. We stopped and got hot chocolate on the way back and hung out at their apartment. Oh! The other exciting thing that occurred last week is that Allie informed us that she's coming back up here :)
     This last week was great, I have amazing friends and I love my classes, even though I find them immensely more difficult than I expected them to be. This week was interesting in that I got to know Laurel's roommates better and got to spend time with them.
     On Tuesday I invited Laurel and Lydia to come to my apartment complex's hot tub with me, which was a lot of fun. I ended up spending the night over at their place again- before this semester I never would've dreamed of staying the night somewhere else on a school night, but it's convenient in that we can get each other up (well sort of) and I don't have to walk to class alone :) Anyways, Laurel's family was coming up Wednesday evening so I helped her clean up her apartment in between classes. And after going to a information meeting with Lydia (where they fed us dinner which was great) we ended up going to an ice cream place with Laurel's family and some of her other friends and roommates.
     The information meeting that Lydia and I went to on Wednesday was for a service activity on Saturday. Our activities committee planned a "family day" for all of our professors and their families where they could come and have fun without having to pay. It was great! We left at 10am to get there by 11 so that we could be "trained" and fed lunch before people started showing up at 1. Lydia and I were put in charge of that game where you hang doughnuts from a string and then people try to eat them without using their hands. The little kids (like 1-2 years) were so funny. Their parents would tell them not to use their hands, so they would bite at it a few times before just grabbing it and shoving as much of it in their mouth as possible while looking at everyone else like they were wondering why no one else just used their hands! We ran out of doughnuts around 4pm, the activity went until 5, out of 150 doughnuts only 3 fell on the ground and we split one between the 2 of us- they were really good! I had been a little worried about losing 9 hours I was going to use to do homework (we got back around 7pm) but it was so worth it and I had a great time.
     On a completely different note- I have midterms this week and next... I'm a little worried but I've learned a lot of new ways to study in the last year so hopefully all goes well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment