Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Holiday weekend

I'm waiting for the mail to arrive and because of that I am having a hard time doing anything school related, I'm just too excited! I'll probably bother explaining why in my next post (or at the end of this post if it shows up by the time I get around to finishing this), but maybe not- we'll see :)
I think this past Valentine's day was the first time I've actually enjoyed the holiday since I've been up here, it helps that I get along really well with my roommate and I've done a lot more with her than I have really done with my past roommates- it's taken me a few years to adjust to college life...
We did a Secret Valentine exchange with our FHE brothers, which was fun. I received GF flour and non-GF cookies... my roommates and anyone who visits have been enjoying those. The flour will be nice though, I've done a more lot of baking/cooking this semester for whatever reason.
On Monday we didn't have school so I helped one of my roommates make some Mongolian dishes, she served a mission in Mongolia and the Mongolian New Year is coming up. It took a few hours, but the results were wonderful.


















Making dumplings


















Finally mastering it!


















Chopping all of this took forever


















Rice with raisins, surprisingly good.


















Potato Salad


















Finished product.



It's been amazingly nice for February, no complaints here! The snow is mostly gone and it's been in the high 30's to 50's, so basically it's finally t-shirt weather! But really, it feels that warm after being so ridiculously cold for months. This winter has actually been fairly mild, but still unbearably cold, which is fairly typical of here.















Oh and the mail never arrived, the letter I was waiting for went to my home instead of coming here. My mission call showed up (again) I'm still assigned to the same mission, my new date is July 8th! I'm so excited to go serve the Lord, finally :)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE rice with raisins! It makes me think curry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Didn't your mother teach you to wear a coat when there's snow on the ground?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pretty tasty!
    And it's too warm for a coat, above freezing= no more winter clothes :)

    ReplyDelete