This week was nice in the fact that I finally feel like I have a routine- makes it a little easier to get everything done! I also didn't have any classes on Friday. I was telling my mom that I wasn't going to have any classes because my professors decided to cancel class due to all the students leaving for Utah on Friday (General Conference was this weekend, but more on that later!) My mom's response was, "Only at BYU..." Yep! Only at BYU does half the campus leave for a long weekend because they're going to go listen and be part of a 8 hour long church conference twice a year :)
It's funny to think that I used to not look forward to conference because it meant having to sit for a long time- well it was a long time in my young mind, but now I look forward to it and have learned how to prepare to get as much out of it as possible. I love having the opportunity to hear from our general authorities and the first presidency. One of my favorite talks (I have many) this weekend was the one given the Sunday Morning session by Henry B. Eyring. For those that haven't heard his talk, he talked about happiness and the atonement. I find it so comforting that because of the atonement our Savior knows how to succor each one of us in our trials and that he knows what we are going through and loves us unconditionally even when we make mistakes. One point that really stood out to me was when he said that justice cannot be destroyed except God were to cease to be God, because of the need for justice we need the mercy that can be offered to us when we apply the atonement to our lives so we can return to our Heavenly Father.
On that note, I had the opportunity to go up to the temple twice this week, and I can tell you that I know that it is the Lord's house and that he is pleased when we take the time to attend and perform work for those who have gone before us. I love the calm, sweet spirit that washes over me when I set foot on the grounds, and I am grateful to live within walking distance of a temple. I went up once this week with one of my best friends here on campus. As we entered the temple I realized how grateful I was that we are both worthy to hold a temple recommend and discovered that I have a strong desire to help others become able to obtain a recommend that they might also enter the temple.
Other than conference and going to the temple, nothing drastically exciting has happened in my life this week, but I wanted to take a moment to share my testimony with anyone reading this and let you all know that I know that Christ lives and that our Heavenly Father sent His son to die for us that we might overcome the natural man and return to live with Him again. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and that the Book of Mormon is a true record of ancient prophets and by careful study it will bring people closer to God. I am grateful for the chance to have been brought closer to the spirit this week and for the gift of personal revelation.
You are an impressive young adult. I hope you will always strive to keep such a healthy relationship with God.
ReplyDeleteAnd I can't believe MY child is so amazing. You've always been emotionally intense. I'm enjoying the positive intensity.
I'm enjoying the "positive intensity" too! I'm having so much fun up here and I love being so spiritually in-tune no matter who I'm with or where I am up here:)
ReplyDelete